Short Review: Gravity Jumper

Image result for gravity jumper joshi234
Gravity Jumper is a side scrolling platformer by joshi234(if you haven't heard of him, I didn't either until this review). It plays as a pretty standard side-scrolling platformer, except there are blocks that switch gravity. There is currently 5 levels in the game and a broken level editor, so not tons of content currently. It does look like the dev actively updates this game, so more features should be added in the future.
Anyways, as in my opinion, this game feels very simple. Sure, there is a mechanic that makes it more than just a side-scrolling platformer but I didn't feel like that really enhanced the game much. There is collectibles, but they don't do anything for you(at the moment), meaning skipping over them is a better time saver). All the mechanics do feel ripped off of blackthornprod, but I did find the pixel art and animations of the character to be interesting looking.
Overall, I feel like this game developer could have some potential for another project, but I would strongly urge the developer from paying the 100 dollars to get this game onto steam until this game gets more development(as in more mechanics, polish, plot, and content in general).
I don't feel like giving this game a score since it is such a short game and is not fully finished yet, but I might recommend the game if you want a 5 minute time waster.
Link: https://joshi234.itch.io/gravity-jumper

Comments

Popular Posts