Switch 'N' Shoot: A short review

Image result for switch n' shoot
Grab the kids, and pack up the car. It is sunday afternoon, and you bought Switch 'N' Shoot saturday morning. All of the keyboards in the house are broken, and what comes off as a simple arcade game could be a conspiracy that is meant to spike sales for local tech dealers. Buy around 10 more keyboards, you are going to need them.
Anyways, here we have what might be one of the best arcade-style games that has come out in a while, and this definitely trumps arcade classics like pac man and galaga because it introduces one single button(which can be any button on your keyboard), and with that button you control the whole game. If you click that button, you switch directions and shoot at the same time(making the title much more logical than it should be).
I have already fallen in love with the game(even though my spacebar is beginning to squeak.). I bought it along with a bunch of other games for 2 dollars, and this game is worth 5 by itself. I have put in around an hour and a half already, but I plan to put in a lot more. Graphically, it looks like an arcade game, and Audio-wise, it sounds like an arcade game. But the one special thing I found about the audio is that with it's song that starts every time you play the game, it can actually bring satisfaction to hear parts of the song you have never heard before, implying progress.
Overall, this game gets an 8/10 from me, as I didn't really get any story out of this one(although I wasn't really expecting this one to have one either), and I didn't find the game to be absolutely perfect, but with its unique mechanic, it pretty much nails what it's going for and I will definitely put more time into it.

Link: https://crowbarska.itch.io/switch-n-shoot

Comments

Popular Posts